Veolia Víz Zrt. is the water utility branch of the Veolia group, which is the organization responsible for coordination and development activities in Hungary. It delivers 15.2 million m3 of healthy drinking water to its consumers every year and takes care of the drainage and treatment of more than 22.3 million m3 of waste and rainwater. The company's staff of more than 523 professionals strives to provide quality services that meet all the needs of nearly 164,000 municipal and industrial consumers every day. The number of the population served in the service areas exceeds 356,000 people. The Veolia water business line operates approximately 1,500 km of drinking water networks and nearly 1,200 km of waste and rainwater networks, more than 215 waste and rainwater transfer stations, 5 drinking water treatment plants and 8 waste water treatment plants. The annual sales revenue from the activity is approximately HUF 7.8 billion.
The organization's mission
- Establishing operational partnerships in the field of water and sewerage services in Hungary.
- Giving advice to potential local government partners in order to conclude additional contracts. During the development of the offers, the quality of the services, the needs of the consumers, and the protection of the environment are also crucial.
- Carrying out significant environmental protection tasks for industrial companies, through the development and sale of pollution-reducing technologies and operational structures.
- Professional supervision of the existing operational investments in Hungary (Fővárosi Csatornázási Művek Zrt., Szegedi Vízmű Zrt., Érd és Térsége Regionalís Víziközmű Kft., Érd és Térsége Csatorna-sólgáltató Kft.).
The most important activities of Veolia's interests in Hungary:
- sewage network operation
- sewer reconstruction
- sewage treatment and sludge disposal
- sewage transfer and pumping
- bioenergy production
- drinking water service
- drinking water and wastewater treatment technologies
- construction of drinking water supply networks, sewage and rainwater drainage systems
- flood protection
- construction and reconstruction of sewer, gas, district heating and telephone networks
- operation of public toilets
- organic waste management
- construction of roads and related utilities
- laboratory tests
- ragweed removal